A BEGINNER’S GUIDE TO JUICING
Having a diet which is based on fruit and vegetable juices has several health benefits including detoxification and rejuvenation of the digestive system. All types of fruits and vegetable juices have shown to decrease the chances of various cardiovascular diseases.
Fruits and vegetable juices are not only beneficial for the internal organs but also highly effective for a healthy skin and increased immunity. As a result it is being seen that more and more people are opting to buy juice makers and juicing machines.
However the real question is what is the best juicer for beginners? With advancement in technology innumerable types of juices are coming up in the market making it difficult for the customers to decide the right juicer according to the requirement.
In this article we have provided several important information that might help you to narrow down your choice and understand what to look for in a juicer.
How was the list made
We have curated a list of the top five juicers which are some of the best options for beginners. There are several things which were kept in mind before creating this list.
- Motor power- Every juicer has a different motor power. Some fruits and vegetables require normal motor power however other vegetables require more powerful appliances.
- Warranty- Warranty plays an important role in the decision regarding the selection of a juicer. If a company does not offer the standard warranty, it is not at all reliable. On the other hand there are several manufacturers which even extends the warranty for one or two more years.
- Price range- Price range determines the features that you would get in your juicer. The prices for masticating juicers are different from the centrifugal juicers.
1. Mooka Slow Masticating Juicer
It is a multi application masticating juicer which can extract juices from all kinds of fibrous fruits and vegetables such as ginger, green leafy vegetables, carrots and even oranges. This juicer works by mastication which ensures that the juice which you have extracted does not lose any minerals, enzymes, vitamins and nutrients. It also gives the oxidation to minimum and reduces the foaming and clogging.
The company offers a 10 year warranty on the motor whereas 3 year warranty on the remaining parts. Since it is a slow masticating juicer it can perfectly separate the juice from the pulp while preserving maximum nutritional value. The slow mastication also yields more juice as compared to the centrifugal juicers.
- Slow squeeze Technology- The juicer rotates at a speed of 80 RPM. Due to the slow speed, 90% of the vitamins, minerals and enzymes are preserved in the juice, as compared to the centrifugal juicers.
- Twin juicing system with reverse function- The users have an option of slow and hard juicing which ensures that the juicer can bring out maximum yield from all kinds of fruits and vegetables. You can also use the reverse motion to prevent clogging.
- Easy to clean- The Mooka slow masticating juicer consists of detachable parts which makes it easy to assemble and disassemble.
- Low sound- Due to the slow movement of the auger, minimum sound is produced.
- The thin corners of the juicer is sometimes difficult to clean
- There is a pretty good chance of clogging if you do not rotate between hard and soft foods
2. Omega NC800HDS Juicer Extractor and nutrition center
The manufacturer is one of the leading companies in the industry for over 15 years. By using a low speed of 80 RPM, this juicer not only minimizes the heat buildup but also the rate of oxidation which ultimately promotes healthy enzymes.
Due to the dual stage masticating extraction system, it can extract a maximum amount of nutrients, vitamins and minerals. It also prevents any changes in the taste and colour of the juice. The adjustable end cap of the juicer makes sure that there is maximum juice output from the juicer.
- Minimum oxidation- Due to the slow rotation speed, oxidation of the various components of the juice is reduced.
- Heat buildup- Heat buildup can be a huge trouble when it comes to any appliance, especially for a juicer. However, this Omega juicer uses a slow mastication system which makes sure that there is little to no heat buildup.
- Noise production- Although the motor is quite powerful, there is very less noise production which is highly advantageous if you want to use the juicer during early mornings.
- Large chute size- The juicer has a comparatively larger chute which makes it possible to put larger pieces of fruits and vegetables without the need to cut them up. This reduces the preparation time.
- The design is quite heavy making it difficult to carry from one place to another
- Due to the large size it takes a lot of countertop space.
3. Breville Compact Juice fountain BJE200XL
Breville has launched this centrifugal juicer as a basic juicer for beginners. It is quite small in size making it perfect for a person who lives alone or has a small family. It has a large chute, which means that you can put whole fruits such as apples without the need of cutting them into smaller pieces. This effectively reduces the preparation time.
The juicer has a built in froth separator that makes sure that the froth is completely separated from the juice while pouring it down in a glass.
In addition to all of this, it has a titanium reinforced disc along with a mesh filter which is made up of stainless steel. Both of them together, lead to an optimum juice yield and nutrient preservation.
- Small size- Due to it’s small size as compared to other centrifugal juicers, it can fit easily even in small spaces. The small size also makes it possible to carry it without much hassle.
- Larger chute size- The large chute size reduces the preparation time. You simply need to put the fruits in the chute without the need of cutting them in smaller pieces.
- Easy to clean- Cleaning a juicer can be difficult if it does not assemble and disassemble easily. With this Breville compact juicer, you can disassemble the pieces quickly in order to clean it and then put it back together without any hassle.
- The size of the pitcher is small and thus fills up quickly. As a result, you have to pause again and again in order to empty it into another container.
- The part which collects the pulp is slightly difficult to clean by hand.
4. Cuisinart CJE-1000 DIE CAST JUICE EXTRACTOR
This juice extractor is large in size which makes it perfect for people who have a large family and need to extract a large amount of juice. The greatest feature of this juicer is that it has 5 different speed settings.
The slow to average speed is perfect for citrus fruits and vegetables such as carrots. On the other hand maximum speed is suitable for leafy green vegetables.
It has a 1000 watt juice Extractor with 3 inch feeding chute. The powerful motor makes it easy to extract juice from all kinds of fruits and vegetables from the comfort of your own home. It also features a filter basket which can reduce the foam from the juice.
This user has an elegant body and durability due to the stainless steel and die cast. The anti drip adjustable flow spout reduces the leakage of any juice while juicing.
- Quiet operation- Although the motor is quite powerful it works softly with minimum noise as a result it is perfect for people who work early morning and do not want to wake up the entire family by the noise of the juicer.
- Large chute size- Due to the large size of the chute, you can put the entire fruit such as apple inside it without having to cut it into slices.
- Filter basket- The filter basket has been designed specially to reduce the foam.
- Easy to clean- All the parts of the juicer is detachable which makes the process of cleaning very easy. It is also dishwasher friendly, which means you do not need to wash it separately by hands.
- Large pitcher size- It has a 1 quart juice pitcher which makes it perfect for use by late families. You can extract a large amount of juice without having to pause in order to empty the container.
- Although almost all the parts are dishwasher friendly, some of the plastic parts are prone to damage in a dishwasher if hot water is used.
- It is often seen that the spout drips after juicing of citrus fruits.
5. Tribest Greenstar GSE-5000 Twin gear juice Extractor
This Tribest Greenstar juicer is one of the best starter juicer for any beginner if they are not afraid of handling a slightly complex machine. It features twin Jumbo gear which ensures higher performance and juice yield.
The twin rotary blade is made up of bioceramic materials which lowers the oxidation in the juice. It also preserves more nutrients, vitamins and minerals making your content of the juice healthier. Due to the preserved vitamins and minerals the juice has a longer shelf life.
The sleek design makes it look stylish. Due to the light weight of the juicer, it can be carried from one place to another easily.
It has a three stage juicing process which ensures more yield. This three stage juicing is possible due to the jumbo gear present in the juicer.
- Twin gear blades- The juicer has been created with twin gear blades which keeps the nutrients inside the juice.
- Reverse function- It has a reverse motor function which can reverse the blades in case of any jamming.
- Easy cleaning- It can be cleaned easily due to its easy assembly and disassembly.
- The size of the chute is quite small which makes it necessary for the user to cut the fruits and vegetables into smaller pieces before putting them inside the juicer.
- The screen can be difficult to clean at times.
Before choosing a juicer, it is advisable to educate yourself with all the features in order to get the best deal. Due to the vast variety of juicers available in the market, juicing for beginners can become difficult because they are unable to make a decision.
A lot of people tend to buy the lowest priced juicer, whereas a small increase in the budget could have got them a much better product. This makes it incredibly important to know all the details of a juicer before making a decision.
There are several questions which people ask on a regular basis when thinking of buying a juicer. By getting to know the answer of these questions, a lot of doubts can be cleared making the decision easier.
What is the best juicer to buy for home use?
The best juicer for home use can be determined after evaluation of various factors such as lifestyle needs, budget and much more. Before buying a juicer for home use, you can keep a checklist of your needs and follow a few basic guidelines to make the correct decision.
- Lifestyle needs
The first step is to determine the type of vegetables and fruits you need to juice. This is the most important step as much of the decision regarding the type of blade and juicer depends on your requirement. If you think that you will be juicing green leafy vegetables more such as spinach and wheatgrass, it is better to buy a masticating juicer. On the other hand, people who wish to juice fruits more can opt for centrifugal juicer since it can separate the pulp and the juice much more efficiently.
- Motor power
If you buy a juicer with a powerful motor, it can extract juice much easily as compared to a juicer with a low power motor. The motor power can be decided only after you determine whether you will be juicing more hard or soft vegetables and fruits. If you use a weak machine to extract juices from hard vegetables and fruits the machine can wear out quickly. Thus it is important to make sure that you are choosing the user with the motive power according to your requirement.
Once you take in consideration all the above points, you can easily choose the best juicer for your home.
How do I get started with juicing?
When you decide that you want to buy a juicer you might become overwhelmed due to the innumerable types, variety and shapes of the products available in the market. Before you start using a juicer there are several things that might help you. The first step is knowing the types of juices that are available in the market.
There are basically four types of juices available in the market- masticating, centrifugal, twin gear and wheatgrass juicers.
Once you have decided the type of juicer that you require, the next step is to buy one of those according to your budget and other features which seem good to you.
Is it worth it to buy a juicer?
Many people wonder whether it is a good idea to buy a juicer. This doubt is especially due to the price of the juicer machines. However there are several benefits of buying a juicer which can convince you that the price is worth it.
- One of the biggest advantages of having a juicer is that using helps a person to meet their dietary requirements. It is recommended that an individual should eat at least 2 to 3 cups of vegetables everyday. However most commonly It is seen that people are unable to consume this much food everyday. As a result most of the people miss out on their dietary requirements. But juicing solves this problem. It is easy to pack all of the fruits and vegetables in your diet by extracting their juice.
- You can easily diversify your diet. It is most commonly seen that people love to eat some of their favourite foods again and again and gradually miss on some of the most important vegetables and fruits depriving their body of some vital nutrients and vitamins. The easiest solution to this is to include juice in your diet. By having juices of various fruits and vegetables you can compromise on the nutrients that you would have otherwise missed.
Which juicer is better masticating or centrifugal?
It is not possible to determine whether a masticating or a centrifugal juice is better without considering the type of fruits and vegetables which would be used. However in order to understand this better, the first step is to know the features and advantages as well as advantages of both types of juicers.
Masticating juicer- A masticating simple juicer machine, has a rear, feeder, auger and a spout interiorly. Some of the masticating juicers have a small pitcher for the collection of juice, whereas some of them have large pitchers. The size of the pitcher helps to make a choice while buying a juicer. If you have a small family or you live alone, you can opt for a masticating juicer with a small pitcher.
On the other hand, if you live with your family, you might want to have a juicer with large pitchers so that you can collect a large amount of juices at once. The juice is extracted from the juicer by putting the fruit in the feeder. It is then squeezed by the auger until the juice comes out from the spout and is collected in the pitcher.
Simultaneously the pulp gets dispensed from the other end and is released externally.
The most important fact is that masticating juicers are slow. Due to the slow speed, they make less noise and consume less power.
Centrifugal juicer- These types of basic juicers are the most commonly used and are large in size, thus taking up a lot of counter space. However these are quite easy to set up. It separates the pulp from the juice effectively and releases them in separate compartments.
The pulp containers are quite big, which makes it easy for the user to put bags on the top. This makes the cleaning process very easy. Not only the pulp container, but the chute is quite big too. This is highly advantageous for people who want to extract juice for many people at a time.
Due to the large chute size, there is no need to cut up small fruits such as an apple. This saves a lot of time, as you can directly put the entire fruits in the juicer without any preparation time.
Centrifugal juicers are quite fast when the speed of juicing is considered. This makes it even more suitable for family use, since you do not have to wait for a long time for the juice to come out.
Now that we have understood the working of both the rules of juicers, it can be said that both of them are good according to the requirement of the user.
To conclude, juicing is a huge advantage for the health of an individual. Not only is it highly beneficial for health, but is also a quick and effective way of getting the required nutrients quickly.
Having the correct juicer is the most important step. It is extremely important to choose the right juicer which suits all your requirements so that you do not face any trouble. The advantages of including juice in your diet are uncountable. No matter which type of juicer you are thinking of buying, make sure that you check all the features and specifications before making the final decision.
However the question still remains which is the best juicer? Our final choice for the best juicer for beginners is Omega NC800HDS Juicer Extractor. The most important factor which puts it above other juicers is it’s compatibility with a lot of vegetables and fruits as compared to others. It produces a good yield of juices not only from fruits but also from the vegetables and is thus considered to be the best starter juicers.