Having the right juicer can be highly convenient. You can make your favourite juice whenever you want, in the exact way you like with as many customizations as you want. All of this can be done at an amazingly low cost.
However a juicer can be quite an investment and thus it is best if you have all the information regarding various juicers available in the market before making a final decision. Many people think that making the perfect ginger shot is easy because it requires only a few ingredients.
But most often it is seen that the secret to making the perfect ginger shot lies with the right equipment. Here, we have brought to you a complete guide for the best juicers which are perfect for making ginger shots.
Top 5 Ginger Juicers
- Aicok Easy to Clean Slow Masticating Juice Extractor
- Aobosi Quiet Cold Press Masticating Juicer
- Omega Nutritional Center Professional Masticating Juicer
- Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Fast Juicer
- Tribest GSE-5000 Greenstar Elite Cold Press Complete Masticating Juicer
How was the list made?
The above list has been made keeping in mind the quality of the juicer and it’s price.
1. Aicok Easy to Clean Slow Masticating Juice Extractor
This masticating juicer is one of the best juicers in the current market. It has a spiral system which is useful for better extraction of nutrients. This spiral system yields maximum juice with minimum oxidation. It has a 80 RPM slow masticating and grinding system which ensures that more than 90% of the nutrition is conserved without creating too much heat. Due to the slow rotation of the grinding system, more minerals, vitamins and nutrients can be reserved with little to no foaming and clogging.
Pros of Aicok slow Masticating juicer-
- Quiet motor- The juicer features a quiet motor which makes the entire process of juice extraction quiet. This is highly advantageous for use during early morning or at night, if other family members are sleeping.
- Clog prevention- This Aicok juicer has reverse function which can solve the clog issues quickly and very effectively.
- Easy assembly and cleaning- The juicer can be easily separated after use. This makes the process of cleaning very simple. Not only is it easily separable, it can be assembled very easily too. This makes it simple and hassle free to operate.
- Easy pulp and juice separation- This juicer created by Aicok is perfectly capable of separating the pulp from the juice while also ensuring that all the nutrients are extracted from the fruits and the vegetables.
Cons of Aicok slow Masticating juicer-
There are little to no disadvantages of using the Aicok slow masticating juicer. It is not recommended to use the juicer for more than 20 minutes at a stretch, as it can affect the performance of the motor.
2. Aobosi Quiet Cold Press Masticating Juicer
This juicer model developed by Aobosi is one of the best juicer that can easily extract juices from various fruits and vegetables. It is also one of the best juicer for ginger. If you want to buy a juicer which is good with vegetables and green leafy vegetables, this juicer is the perfect choice. It allows the juice to maintain their natural colour and taste without compromising with the quantity and quality of vitamins and nutrients. You can get a good yield for the amount of ginger that you put in the machine.
The reverse function comes handy if the machine gets clogged due to overload. The small and compact size of the juicer makes it easy to use.
Pros of Aobosi Masticating juicer-
- No head buildup- Due to the slow rotation and spin of 80 RPM, there is little to no heat buildup.
- Reduced oxidation- The spin of 80 RPM makes sure that there is reduced oxidation of the juice. This reduced oxidation is helpful in keeping the juice fresh for a longer duration.
- Safe and quiet operation- The 150W motor operates at less than 60 decibel. The quiet operation of the juicer makes it easier to use early morning when most of the family members are sleeping.
- Easy to clean- The juicer has a safety lock design which helps the user to easily assemble and disassemble it in a matter of a few minutes. All the detachable parts are made up of good quality food grade anti-oxidation materials which ensure that the ginger juicer machine gives you a completely healthy drink.
Cons of Aobosi Masticating juicer-
The Aobosi juicer has some negative aspects as well. The motor can not run for a long duration, as a result if you want to get large quantities of juice extracted this is not the perfect choice for you. If the motor is left working for more than 20 minutes, it can lead to some malfunctioning.
3. Omega Nutritional Center Professional Masticating Juicer
This Omega professional Masticating juicer is an all rounder. It has been one of the best juicer for a long time and works amazingly as a ginger root juicer. If you want to get large quantities of juices, this Omega professional juicer is the perfect choice for you as it yields a good amount of juice for the amount of ginger to put in. The shiny stainless steel body gives the juicer an extremely classy look. Thus you can keep these out on your countertop without having the urge to hide them in cupboards like other plastic juicers.
Pros of Omega Nutrition Juicer-
- Long lasting juices- The juicer uses a low speed spinner of 80 RPM which results in minimum buildup of heat while also reducing the overall oxidation, thus promoting healthy enzymes.
- A boost to the immunity- This juicer has a cold press juicing system which is one of the most effective methods of accessing nutritious enzymes and antioxidants which can prove to be a boost to the immunity.
- Extract maximum amount of juice- The Omega juicer extracts the maximum amount of nutrients and vitamins from the juice while maintaining its taste and colour. It can extract large amounts of juices from celery carrots, leafy green vegetables, fruits and other vegetables.
- Powerful dual stage juicing system- The juicer has a powerful dual stage system which ensures maximum efficiency. Not only this, it also has an adjustable end cap with 5 settings for maximum output.
Cons of Omega Nutritional Juicer-
Compared to other juicers, it can be used to get large quantities of juices. However due to the high motor power it consumes more energy.
4. Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Fast Juicer
This Hamilton juicer is based on the centrifugal mechanism. It is useful for all kinds of fruits and vegetables since it has an extra large 3 inch chute which can fit the entire fruit and vegetable. You can put a whole apple or a peeled orange without the need of cutting it. A powerful 800 watt motor makes fresh juices in a matter of a few seconds. Not only this, the juicer has an extra large pulp bin which allows you to separate the pulp properly and then use them in other recipes or for composting.
Pros of Hamilton big mouth fast juicer-
- Easy to clean- The juicer can be easily assembled and disassembled by the user. This makes the cleaning process a lot easier and quicker. The removable parts are completely dishwasher safe, so you can put them in a dishwasher without having to need to clean them separately.
- Big mouth- The juicer has a big mouth which can fit almost all of the fruits entirely. This reduces any additional effort of cutting or slicing the fruit or vegetable.
Cons of Hamilton big mouth fast juicer-
Since this juicer uses the mechanism of centrifugation instead of mastication, it has few disadvantages in this respect. Ginger juice press can be done easily with Hamilton juicer, but taking out the juice of some other vegetables can be difficult due to the centrifugal mechanism.
5. Tribest GSE-5000 Greenstar Elite Cold Press Complete Masticating Juicer
It has a twin gear juicer system which enables it to produce juice while simultaneously locking in extra nutrition. It provides you with the healthiest juice possible by preserving all enzymes, vitamins and nutrients.
Pros of Tribest GSE-5000 Greenstar juicer
- Slow cold press extraction- This juicer uses a slow 110 RPM cold press extraction system which ensures that minimum oxidation takes place in order to produce superior quality juices from all kinds of vegetable fruits and green leafy vegetables while also giving a high yield and natural taste.
- Easy to assemble and clean- This juicer has a simple and sleek design which makes it easier to assemble and disassemble them. You can easily separate all the parts and clean them with the cleaning brushes and scraper tools which are included with it. This ginger juice extractor is also dishwasher friendly which means that you do not need to clean them separately.
- An all stainless steel bio-ceramic gear- The juicer has an all stainless steel magnetic gear which produces the highest quality of juice possible, preserving all types of vitamins and preventing any type of nutrient degradation thus ensuring a longer shelf life.
Cons of Tribest GSE-5000 Greenstar juicer
The reverse function of this juicer can sometimes not function. This results in jamming and clogging while juicing.
Buying of a juicer can seem to be a daunting task due to the large number of juicers which are available in the market. However there are certain things which can be kept in mind before buying a juicer.
● Decide the type of juices that you want to extract
There are innumerable types of vegetables and fruits in nature. It is impossible to find a juicer which can be used for extracting the juice of all types of soft and hard fruits, leafy and green vegetables or even ginger. Thus you need to identify the type of fruits and vegetables that you intend to use. If you intend to use hard vegetables and fruits mostly then a masticating juicer is more suitable for your needs.
● Make an estimate of the quantity of juice you would require per day
It is important to make an estimate of the number of times per day or week that you intend to make juice along with the quantity of juice that you need. You also need to decide whether it is just for you or your entire family. If you need to make a lot of juice, then masticating juicers can be a bad option for you since they are quite slow.
● Amount of juice yielded
Juice yield is an important measure of quality and effectiveness of any juicer. It is commonly seen that when juice yield increases, price increases too. Thus your budget must be kept in mind while selecting a juicer. If you do not wish to spend a lot of money, you can opt for a small juicer for ginger with high yield. Due to the small size you can get it at a lower price.
With higher price, you can get a juicer which not only gives high yield but also has better warranty with sleek designs. It is not advisable to take the budget factor lightly while making a decision regarding a juicer.
Juicers come with various watrabtjesy. You will notice that most of the juicers with high speed centrifugation come with only 1-5 years of warranty since the motors can burn out. On the other hand, the masticating juicers with slow motors come with a warranty of more than even 10 years. This makes it important for you to consider the warranty provided by the company before making a final choice.
While concluding, I would say that every Juicer available in the market is useful in their own way. Each and every model which has been designed by the top companies have some pros and cons. Before making a final decision it is important to measure the advantages of buying the juicer along with the disadvantages.
Selecting a juicer can be confusing for you, but in my view, it can be done easily by simply measuring the utility of the juicer by some parameters. You can compare the features available in different juicers along with their price to make the correct choice.
Once you have compared the various parameters of different juicers, you can shortlist some of them before making the final decision. Every juicer can have some special features and characteristics. Thus you need to make sure that you choose the one which suits all your needs. A good decision can be made only after researching various products and reading their reviews instead of making a hasty decision.